Objectives: B&H provide full PR and media support for Doncaster Sheffield Airport in order to drive passenger traffic through DSA across both leisure and cargo areas.
Strategy: PR is focused on two strands; consumer travellers and trade/industry publications. B&H remit includes the provision of a strategy, monthly PR planner, research of and pitching for feature articles, organisation of advertorial activity, writing releases and co-ordinating press interviews, coverage, image requests and monitoring and reporting on press coverage.
Results: We support the marketing and comms team in delivering the strategic aims of Doncaster Sheffield Airport through PR activity. B&H produce targeted PR stories in order to raise the profile of DSA as the airport of choice for leisure and business travellers originating from the identified target geographical areas. PR activity includes:
- Copywriting and press release preparation, placement in key titles
- Spot/seek opportunities for story angles and develop creative PR to support existing marketing campaigns
- Generate coverage in national Business Tourism, regional business titles and specialist press
- Attend regular update/review meetings as well as forward planning meetings
- A press office function
- We also run competitions with them for events at FlyDSA, Yorkshire Day and new routes
- Most recently we have introduced Travel Tuesday, to generate interest in flights and increase sales
- We are also working with local Sheffield influencer bloggers to find the right fit for their different customer / holiday hero strands
We have secured coverage in national trade publications, syndicated news across all JP titles, BBC Look North coverage, lots of local radio, national news (Which Best UK Airport of the year again!) and established press contacts and support for their FlyDSA naming rights relationship.