Project: Bonner & Hindley provide consortium management for Yorkshire Attractions Group (YAG), bringing together the best attractions in Yorkshire as part of a membership group. We act as the primary voice for attractions in the region and undertake a range of marketing activity to generate day visits to participating attractions and convert staying visitors to visit one or more of the attractions during their trip.
We deliver ROI on behalf of these attractions, encourage knowledge sharing and best practice amongst the attractions and shape the quality of the visitor experience. We produce almost two million printed items of material on behalf of YAG, including yearly tourist leaflets, school-teacher guides and seasonal voucher booklets which are put directly into schoolbook-bags in every primary school in Yorkshire. We manage and monitor digital platforms including the website, social media and e-marketing channels, utilising analytics to improve traffic and increase engagement. Yorkshire Attractions aims to move consistently with the times, ensuring that it is relevant, adaptable and dependably at the top of its game.
Strategy: B&H has managed Yorkshire Attractions for over 20 years and the current membership includes 22 of the top attractions across the Yorkshire region. We work with the attractions to increase visitor numbers and raise awareness of the top-quality attractions in Yorkshire. Our strategy includes:
- Producing an annual in-depth marketing plan aimed specifically at the family sector
- Print and digital educational material directed at every school in Yorkshire
- Online attraction offers pages
- Yorkshire Attractions’ Gift Vouchers
- Group member meetings
- Digital campaigns across website, social media and e-newsletter
- Annual competition – Yorkshire’s Favourite Attraction – a regional competition which is a well- known and respected accolade for the winning attraction
Results: Our members benefit from group meetings where we share knowledge and expertise and what is up and coming in their relevant marketplace. This helps our members to be ahead of the curve and know what is happening in their sector so that they can prepare accordingly and optimise opportunities.
- Our regular social media competitions reach in excess of 65k people at a time promoting the exciting brands of Yorkshire Attractions to a wide and engaged audience
- Our collective bargaining power allows us to find the best discounted print and distribution deals for the attractions through our preferred suppliers
- Our website has over 1 million-page views and 300,000 unique annual visitors and is growing
- Social media accounts that are dynamic, fun and growing year-on-year, producing increasingly high engagement rates
- We have upwards of 25k downloads for vouchers, special offers and events annually, and this figure is consistently growing
- Sales for attractions through the Yorkshire Attractions Group are steadily growing year-on-year
- Our members share experience, best practice and business performance – including sector specific sharing (education, retail, corporate) to allow them to consistently improve their offer to customers